Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Unexpected

My blog has been interrupted for an unexpected chain of events . . .

Ever since my childhood when my father took our family to Canada for summer vacation I have had an affinity for the North Woods.  So when my sister said she had the use of a cabin in Ely for the weekend, I decided to go and clear my mind and rejuvenate; leaving Friday evening after Austin's football game Megan, Conner, Kenny and I arrived at 3:30 am.  We enjoyed our time on the lake, near waterfalls, at the International Wolf Center evening feeding of the wolves and then the drive along the North Shore for Gooseberry Falls and smooth stone collecting.

As we neared the Iowa border I received a text from my mother saying, "I just had my chair break and my foot was under it and I cannot put any weight on it."  Calls to my daughter, Erica, and sister, Ally,  sent them to her house and found her crawling on the floor.  Ally took her to the ER around 8:30 pm while Erica and Austin watched Cameron and Cade til I arrived at 10 pm.  Her ankle turned out to be broken in three spots and she will have surgery on Wednesday.

So yesterday morning I attended our research meeting and took notes.  After that I spent the day with mom at the hospital making calls and being proactive about her care with my sister, Ally.

Today I have been at the hospital for a short time this morning and then I created a Google Site for me to keep track of details of our work and then have been grappling with the timeline and the concept of a logic model to organize our work.

I am going to close for today and go back to visit at the hospital.  I will hope to post again on Thursday and get back "on track" on Friday as long as all goes well for my mom . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment