Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Past, Present and Future Models

Yesterday I posted about the models our research team has developed in hopes of gaining feedback.  The photo I posted in the blog was taken from a PDF developed to create a 4'x4' poster for our initial presentation.  The models are very small in that image so I am posting screen shots taken from each of the three models in hopes that you can see and read these more clearly.



Model of the Past


Model of the Present


Model for the Future




Hoping to hear some feedback!  :)  
      Thank you~





3 comments:

  1. Personally, I would like to see the blue inner circle from the Future Model read, "Learner (Teacher & Student).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great suggestion, Stacey! Everything we read of late- in regard to teaching and learning, school improvement, student achievement, etc. seems to boil down to the importance of each and every school becoming a true Professional Learning Community. I think we are finding out- more than we've ever understood before- the importance of "teachers as learners".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie!
    Perhaps instead of learners I could actually stretch and say "Citizens" as it is my optimistic hope that we each continue to seek to learn throughout life but for a model of education I think "Learners" is most clear.

    From your work with brain and motivation theory do you see anything that our Future model leaves out?

    ReplyDelete