Wednesday, November 30, 2011

End of November

Where has November gone?

For those of you that follow me on Facebook you know that 11!11!11! had significance to me . . . the day came and proved to be spectacular! I had the day off and I was able to share with many friends and family members as well as was able to make new friends.

Some highlights from this month (some professional, some personal~how does one separate this anyway?)

  • celebrated my eldest child's birthday 11/1/11
  • attended Tripoli High School's Musical and assisted with the dinner theater, November 4&5
  • attended my children's school conferences with many of their teachers (they are in 9th & 10th grade)
  • attended the National Association for Interpretation national conference for one day in St. Paul~preparing for my adjunct course next semester (Intro to Natural History Interpretation) and connecting with friends
  • on my return from St. Paul, 8 miles from home, deer meets Prius ($3800 damage; in shop November 11-28)
  • 11!11!11! celebration
  • Tripoli state VB Champions!! (attended November 10 & 12)
  • Welcome baby shower to TQP family member Nora Mourlam (born 10/4/11)
  • attended Benchmark training for the Teacher Performance Assessment Consortium (TPAC) in San Antonio~met new friends and thought deeply about what good teaching of science looks like
  • attended movie "Breaking Dawn" with my daughters (not that good)
  • watched my daughter, Megan, play her first JV BB game, November 22 (victory)
  • my son, Austin, 15 get pneumonia and so in the hospital with him November 23-27~most unusual Thanksgiving ever
  • completed my philosophy of educational leadership for my course (check my prezi: http://prezi.com/oo-xuyth6uzx/model-the-way-encourage-the-heart/
  • attended first Tripoli varsity games at CAL, November 29 (victory)
  • approval of the TQP IRB for UNI student clinical experiences! November 30
Life is a special occasion . . . celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment