Thursday, September 1, 2011


It is high time I get back to my blog . . . so much has been happening that I just haven't taken the time to get back to this. Now I will pick up where I left off last~the interview process.

We were able to interview five quality candidates for the position of Field Placement Coordinator. Each person could easily have filled the position with their varied strengths. Three rose to the top and then began the process of calling references. Here is where the difference was made. One person overwhelmingly surfaced to the top. We were able to hire this person and she began August 15. The characteristics that I sought in this new employee:
  • comfort with ambiguity
  • ability to be flexible
  • demonstrated skills with working with a variety of people and infrastructures
  • collaborative demeanor
  • experience with supervising, mentoring, or coaching
have all been displayed in her first few weeks. Welcome Leasha Henriksen to the UNI TQP Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment