Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Whoa and Wow

The "whoa" was attending a training session for "Managing Projects" offered by the Office for Sponsored Programs. There were moments when I wasn't sure I was even speaking the same language as the presenters. Fiscal management . . . how did I get here?! Did they really choose me for this position?! Me, the one who is fiscally challenged and overwhelmed with the amount of money I have overcommitted to in the remodeling/construction project for my home. My brain is in a panic. (Sigh)

The "wow" was visiting our first LEA district, Springville. We (Mary, Nadene, Dan and I) had a delightful visit with Terry Rhinehart. It appears that he is very interested in participating in our pilot project. We also had a good discussion while traveling to and fro.

Nadene said something that resonated with me and my mixed feelings of the day . . . if you can be comfortable with ambiguity then you possess a next generation skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment